Desired Skills and Expertise
• Data Analysis - You are an experienced data analyst or statistician, and you have a knack for getting “behind the numbers” and extract findings from complex datasets through rigorous analysis.
• IT skills – At a minimum you will have substantial experience using Excel. Ideally you also have experience using statistics software such as R, STATA or SPSS. Experience that would be beneficial include:
• Familiarity with data visualization and/or mapping software such as Tableau or CartoDB
• Familiarity with the Wordpress CMS
• Familiarity with web scraping tools
• Passionate about technology and data – You should be comfortable with numbers and datasets. You are passionate about continually learning new skills in technology, data analysis and data visualization.
• Highly organized - You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines, and you have excellent attention to detail.
• Communications – You’re a good communicator with solid written and spoken skills in both Myanmar and English.
• Mentoring & training skills - you enjoy working with people and sharing your knowledge. You will be great at working one on one with civil society partners and will be able to develop and run workshops.
• Sectoral experience – Experience working in investigative journalism and/or research is highly desirable. Experience working in or with NGOs/civil society and/or the tech sector would be a bonus.
• Passion - you must be excited about the potential of technology to drive change and development in Myanmar. You’ll need to work with a broad range of groups.